Coming soon, hopefully....

Good evening,

So things have been a little busy for me lately, and I haven't really had time to blog much (if you haven't noticed).  Be that as it may, I wanted to take a quick few minutes to let you know I am still around and that I am (conceptually) working on a few things.

In the (nearer) future, I am working on a couple of blog posts.  The first one is on the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth (also called the Christ in the Christian faith) through the story of Steve of Columbus.  I will be exploring this topic from a different perspective than I have seen of late, which has basically historians arguing about the validity of sources or each others credentials or level of research.  I'm going to approach the topic from a different angle.  I hope to have that one up before Christmas to keep it timely.

I am also going to do a blog post about an article I came across on Facebook about how the Ebola outbreak in West Africa is actually a conspiracy engineered by nefarious governments (including the US government).  This one if iffy and tentative because I am not sure how much research it will require to do it proper service.  The article I read was easy to dismiss on several grounds, but I don't know if I can or want to be more than just dismissive of that story.

If that one doesn't pan out I might do one on GMO's, particularly with regards to sustainability and factory farming.  I've had some discussions of late with some friends of mine about it, so it's topical (at least to me).

I'm also having an internal debate about making videos for my YouTube channel (yes I have one that I haven't been using) and setting up a Patreon account (not that, as of now, anyone probably even reads this blog).  My issue with YouTube is that I'm trying to remain anonymous as much as I can, but I don't have a lot of time for editing.  So if I was going to do it, it would likely end my anonymity on the internet at some point.  I would not want to just be a talking screen cap or icon if I decided to go that way, but it's nearly impossible to monitize videos without either REALLY going out of your way or letting yourself get out there.  And with as controversial as skepticism can be (why does that sound so illogical...) I would probably get doxxed at some point.  I"m not a troll and I don't think the things I say are that out there, but people have their own priorities.

Oh, and I might change the blog look/layout some.  I think it's fairly readable (and it's got a theme, believe it or not) but I'm not sure I'm sold on it.  It seems too synthetic (even if that's what I was going for).  I'm feeling analytic nowadays, but we'll see if I bother (since I don't really have time for that either).

So for now, that's all.  TTYL.

-SR

Comments

Popular Posts