In the begining...

Hey everyone (or anyone),

So this is my first blog as SkepticalRoot. Let me give you a rundown of what this is and why I'm here.

First, this is a blog to spare my wife some of my rantings about some pretty dumb crap that I see on a daily basis.  It's not all in person, mind you.  The people in my "normal" life are fairly "regular", so there isn't a lot of drama in my day to day.  However, that doesn't mean that the world of the interwebs doesn't provide enough sources of frustration.  That doesn't mean that "life" doesn't provide enough on it's own, but if nothing else I've learned some patience for my fellow 'man (at least in front of them).

I am a skeptical person who is working on being a "real skeptic" (i.e. disabusing myself of things I believe without good evidence).  And, as a footnote, that is in the soft solipsistic sense (not the nihilistic/hard solipsism sense).  I am also an atheist, as I feel is necessitated by being skeptical of any claim of the existence of god(s) (yes, that means yours too).  But this isn't going to ALL be about theistic claims.  I'm interested in technology, science, pop-culture and the media, political science, gardening, health and nutrition, friends, family, etc.  I like to learn and feel that at this point in my life I can discuss (relatively) a variety of topics.

I"m sure I'll take more time to expand and expound on these ideas in the future.  For now, its bedtime, so I'll talk at you later.

SR (SkepticalRoot)

P.S. I'm also a "two spacer".  And sorry for all the "quotes".  I use them less than I use parentheses at least...  I use them to define terms when I'm using words in a specific context that isn't always the expected one, though not always.  It might be something I get sick of after too long and quit doing and just assume that my readers understand context.

Comments

Popular Posts